Dentistry – Invisalign in San Diego
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth without braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, without metal or wires. These clear aligners are the virtually invisible way to improve your smile.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The Invisalign Treatment Process has 4 steps:
- It all begins with your initial consultation with Dr. Dave Chotiner. This is where Dr. Dave will determine if you are an ideal candidate for invisalign.
- Dr. Dave will take x-rays, pictures, and impressions of your teeth to create a digital 3-D image of your teeth. Dr. Dave will map out a treatment plan which will include the exact movements of your teeth along with how long the treatment will last. Dr. Dave will even be able to show you how your teeth will move through each stage of the treatment.
- You will receive a series of custom-made, clear aligners that were created specifically for you. Don’t worry, they won’t irritate your cheeks and gums like traditional meta braces often do. You can wear them throughout the day and remove them to eat or to brush your teeth. As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gradually move into place.
- You will wear a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, and for best results, it’s ideal to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day throughout your treatment. To monitor your progress, you will have periodic checkups with Dr. Dave to ensure everything is according to your treatment plan which is usually every 6-weeks or so.
- Reveal your brand new smile!